Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: PSA RISE

Pam,

As Bill says, generally speaking studies demonstrate a benefit in tackling the disease in its early stages, although this isn't neccessarily a universal view.

As a matter of interest, can you post the sequence of PSA rises? Did they all increase sequentially or were some up and some down? I ask because where there is inflammation, such as that which might be related to the hip problem, this can affect the PSA results.

Generally speaking, PSA related to PCa goes up and keeps going up: PSA related to other issues tends to go up and down. Of course there are no absolute rules, but this may be worth considering.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: Re: Re: PSA RISE

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply I know that for the first year the psa was 0 then it began rising very slowly psa monitered every 2 months by the urologist/surgeon that removed the prostate. Then in 2005 my husband was referred to an onchologist who has been monitering his psa every 2 months, here goes;
25/10/05 0.09, 13.12.05 0.09, 14/2/06 0.11, 18/4/06 0.12, 20/6/06 0.12, 13/10/06 0.20, 12/12/06 0.25, 13/2/07 0.26, 12/4/07 0.26, 22/6/07 0.24, 29/8/07 0.28,31/10/07 0.30, 20/12/070.32, 27/2/08 0.29,29/4/08 0.30, 16/7/08 0.36, 10/10/08 0.48.

As you can see it is steadily going up, but I feel reluctant for my husband to undergo the radiation if it can be dalayed at all. My husband is an extrenmely fit 65 year old.
Kind Regards
Pam

Re: Re: Re: Re: PSA RISE

Thanks for that detail, Pam. As you say, there has been a slow but steady rise for some time now.

I have posted in answer to your new question.

Best

Terry

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS