Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Prostate Cancer Treatment

G'day Terry,

You're welcome for the kind words and you deserve everyone of them. This site provides a great service for the people researching prostate cancer. It gives each one of us a look inside the lives of real people fighting the disease which is so important in your search for what will happen to you. The fact the mentor stories includes such a wide range of cases allows everyone to find something to relate to. I can't tell you how important that was to me and I'm sure each person that finds this site feels the same way.

Thank you for the information about Larry Clapp, your answer is exactly why I posted the quote from his site on this forum. I consider myself a person with a fair understanding of this disease and it's treatments because I've been researching it for quite a while but that only gives me an overall view of the disease and it's treatments, not the background you have where you can pull up stored knowledge from years of dealing with it and the research you've done. The fact is that quote from his website scared me a lot, but your answer put it in a different perspective and that's what I needed. But I also put a quote from the UROs website I was referred to which states similar odds, albeit better odds than the one quoted on Larry Clapps website, but the quote from the UROs website also scared me. And I guess that's the way it is, after all it's prostate cancer we're talking about. We all want the magic bullet but it simply isn't there, so we're left with choices we don't want to make.

I have read your personal story on yananow and your other website and follow your case with a great deal of personal interest. I have so much to say about your personal story that it can't be put here or this reply would be huge, so I'll just say the courage and determination you've shown is extremely inspiring and shows that active treatment is not the only choice. Of course I realize for some men active treatment is the only choice but like you've pointed out in your story on yananow and your personal site it's not the only choice that should be considered. And like you've said each time you speak of it, it's not an easy path to follow and not the correct choice for many men. So having said that I'll finish this paragraph with one last thought.

You're my hero.

I read the Strange Places link, thanks for posting it. I've been reading this site for quite a while and have scoured all over it looking for information. I can't tell you how many mentor stories I've read.

Your comments about making sure what you find is relevant to the current situation was well taken and something I forget to do sometimes, but knowing and evaluating the past is important because the past is always nipping away at the heals of the future. By that I mean the UROs website I was refered to quotes odds that aren't that far from the ones on Larry Clapps website, a 33 to 50 percent failure rate for PSAs less than 10. Of course his information might be older too since it doesn't have any dates associated with it.

But none the less, thanks so much for your reply it was both informative and comforting. Keep up the good work on yannow and prostatecancerwatchfulwaiting.

The Stranger

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS