Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FOOD - Urgent Toilet Trips

OK, you are getting to me about what I eat. And it is TRUE. What I eat does bring on urgent TT's. Had to go to Hilo Friday, so had a grilled cheese sandwitch & a cup of soup Thursday night, then cup of soup for Friday breakfast. Did not have any urgent TT's Friday or even yet today (noon here). So, you are right .... I need to do some experimenting to figure out what causes the gas. Thank you,
Joe

Re: FOOD - Urgent Toilet Trips

Hey Joe,
It's never easy changing habits, but you will benefit from your experiments. Elimination is the key.
Wishing you sucess.
Regards
Rob

OK, the first thing I quit eating for a week was bread. It worked, no more UTT's.
I've been on depression meds for two weeks. I now have HOPE! A side effect of the meds is that I no longer have frequent night TT's .... like WOW! Last night got the longest sleep cycle I've had in two years and was up only once in 7.5 hrs of sleep!!!!
Joe

Way to go Joe! :)

Rob advised me to try cutting out bread and it worked for me too. It took a few weeks, but then I found myself free of those terrible UTTs as you call them.
I now eat lots of rice crackers, and topped with hummus they make an ideal snack.

One more thing; now that the urgent and physically draining toilet trips are gone I feel much brighter.
Obviously, the discomfort and sheer frustration of gut problems bring your mood way down.

So, onwards and upwards now, huh?

Best Wishes,

George

England.

Re: Re: FOOD - Urgent Toilet Trips

Great news Joe,
You could be lucky and have found the problem food early in your trials.
Please keep us informed & Best of Luck.
Rob

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS