Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: POLL: How often do you read this forum?

I stop by a few times a day. I like to see how others are doing and I like to offer help if I can.

Paul A. RI, USA

I check in once a day also to see how others with similar paths are doing.

I had surgery in March. All is well. I read the forum daily. Please keep it up

Have been reading it minimum 5 times per week for the last 3 years.

I read it about 3 times a week, more if I see a thread I'm interested in.

Regards, David

Every day.

Every day. Part of the old routine now!

Thing is, once you are out of treatment, you start to feel 'out of the mainstream' and you have less questions to pose. But all of us are always here to answer questions we know something about and reply to personal mails etc.

The beauty of this site though, is the way it set out.
New guys can read our personal stories, and like I did back in 2005, focus in on those guys with a very similar diagnosis and prognosis.

I don't know of another site which has such a good format, such as tables of PSA initial readings, T stagings, age at diagnosis etc.

This site gave me HOPE when all seemed totally bleak in those first days after diagnosis.

Best Wishes,

George

England

Hello old friend. I stop by this site 3 to 4 times per week.

Hey, Joe, I'm not the only one who is glad you do stop by. It's always good to hear from you.
Best wishes.

Ted from England

Re: Re: POLL: How often do you read this forum?

Like everyone else has stated I too drop by the site on a daily basis with the odd day that I might miss. I am now 6 months after my HIFU treatment and things are looking up but like all the members on this site we have received so much help for others that we consider that we now want to do our part to help newly diagnosed men with the problems that they must face and that we have already faced. I have also referred this site to many men in my prostate cancer support group.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS