Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thanks to all you guys and the women who love you who post here.

Mike, you have had a bad day. You will have others. But believe me you will have very good days again.

In the Daily Telegraph yesterday (Sept 15), was this article to which I have linked here:

http://tinyurl.com/6mgdm2

Havi Carel is a lecturer in philosophy and there is a lot of sense in what she writes in this article.

Read all the experiences on this site and as I'm sure Terry will tell you, don't rush into a decision about what you do next.

Good luck.

Ted from England

Jeez Mike,
So young to be diagnosed. The one overall suggestion I can make is: Don't let yourself be overwhelmed with all of the information that will be coming your way. Keep the big picture in mind but only concentrate on the next milestone in the process. If you dwell on the totality of your situation, you'll go bananas.
Also, think carefully about your choice of treatment because you'll be living with that decision for a long time.

Paul A. RI, USA

Hi Mike,

Welcome to our forums. It's incredibly kind of you to write thanking us when you are just coming to terms with your own diagnosis.

I echo the sentiments of the replies you've recieved so far. Don't panic, and be very pro-active in your treatment and recovery.

I first discovered this site in April 2005 when I was reeling from the shock of hearing I had PSA of 182, that my tumour was a T4 grading, and I wasn't expected to live longer than a few years.

This site really opened my eyes, gave me precious information, and more importantly - gave me hope.

I have just returned from my oncology appointment this afternoon. He is absolutely amazed by my latest results. Today marks one full year without medication, and yet my PSA is still stable at 0.94 (even lower than at my last oncology appointment 4 months ago, when it was 1.1).

So you see, there are some very inspiring stories here. Never give up hope and never be afraid to ask for advice. I have learned more from some of our very wise PCa-fighters on forums than I ever did from my oncologist or urologist.

Wishing you every success in your fight.

Keep smiling! :)

George

England

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS