Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EBRT More Facts

I'm seeing a lot of mucous as well 2 months after EBRT. I'm not surprised at the blood vessel damage.

Paul USA

Re: EBRT More Facts

I forgot to mention that there is also nerve damage in the muscles of the anus. This is what causes the fecal incontinence.

Re: Re: EBRT More Facts

Joe,

As well as having been treated for prostate cancer, I have to have a colonoscopy every three years to remove polyps from the gut. I had one this last week and I must admit that I was not looking forward to it, as I had 23 days of EBRT last October and November and then in December 2007 I had HDR brachytherapy.

The gastroenterologist in his report after he had removed three polyps remarked on moderate radiation damage which might start to bleed. If that should happen he said that it could be cauterised. The colonoscopy was on Wednesday Sep 3 and so far there has been now sign of bleeding in a bowel motion.

O.K. I am one of those lucky so & sos, but I will be 75 in a couple of weeks, so DONT DESPAIR.

Good luck

Pete

Re: Re: Re: EBRT More Facts

Aloha Peter,
Ya, this data was discussed during a Flex-Sig as the doc cauterized (Argon Laser) my many bleeding vessels. The burning was hardly felt. The gas he pumped into the gut was very painful. Took a long time to come out. The gas also pushed out more blood, mucus, & fecal before I could make it to the Lu. Very messy trip home, shuttle to airport, at airport. Lucky me, the plane was delayed, so, got most of gas out before flight home.
Joe

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS