Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Painful Urination

Jack,

I may be worth your while joining the Radiation Mailing List at http://www.prostatepointers.org/mailman/listinfo/ebrt for more information.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: Re: Re: Painful Urination

My Uro did have an answer to incomplete voiding and bladder spasms. I don't know if it would work in your case. I took enablex for a month and it seemed to do the trick although I must admit that time was probably also a factor. Pat Priestley - (Alaska, USA)

Re: Painful Urination

Hey Phil,
I guess I forgot to mention that hydration played an important in getting over my painful symptoms with me drinking a gallon of water each day. Sure the urination was more frequent but diluted urine was much easier to pass than the dark golden stuff.
It really is a small world, I live between Palmer and Wasilla. My son, who has been super supportive, of my journey is a senior at PHS - p (Alaska, USA)

Re: Painful Urination

Hey Pat ... that's what they told me also. Drink tons of fluids (and, no they didn't exclude beer, thank God) but I couldn't drink that much. With frequency/urgency, I was going every 15 to 30 minutes (which, as I said, was why I had to knock off work for a few weeks).

Heck, I was practically homebound during the radiation treatments ... just going up to the store on the corner took preparation ... it was horrible.

Getting better now though.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS