Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
casodex

First of all thank you to everyone who has emailed me with your words of kindness.

Bob's last casodex pill was last night. Most evenings he has said that he doesn't feel too good after he takes it. We go to check his psa count the end of September and find out if his 1st ever lupron shot is working. From that his doc will decide on sticking with a every four month lupron shot or radiation.

My question is .......does anyone know if there are any side affects from taking casodex for 1 month and then stopping ?

Peace .......... ally

Re: casodex

There are side effects when taking any ADT (androgen deprivation therapy) but if he only took it for a month the side effects are not likely to be as great as if he took the pills for several months. He may not have any, however Lupron shot is ADT so it is going to create a number of side effects as well. These side effects will vary from person to person. In my case the urologist had me take Zoladex and Casodex at the same time as they work together and it seems that breast swelling and soreness is reduced when both are used but hotflashes and sweating can increase. In my case it took two months before the Casodex and Zoladex eliminated all sexual function that is no erections and dry ejaculations but in the first month everything continued to function normally. It was only in the second month that sexual function started to wane. The decrease in sexual function actually happen quite quickly during that second month.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS