Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: psa radtion

Better to post anything here, Joyce. I usually monitor the Forum pretty closely, but I travel around a fair bit - never enough of course - and if I'm not around, there will be someone else who will help oyu, I'm sure.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: psa radtion

Hi, Joyce. I am really interested to know where you live. After my husbands surgery in spring 07 his PSA shot up again and the radiatiologist rejected him for radiation treatment even though his urologist referred him there. He was instead put on Lupron. although the PSA was down to undetectable levels after 2 treatments the results for our relationship were disastrous. He is off the Lupron now but has begun to complain of twinges of back pain which is an ominous sign. What was your husband's presurgical PSA and Gleason. I would really like to have another woman to talk to who is going through this also. I'm sure that all cancers affect spouse as well as the individual but this one seems to be particularly troublesome because of personality changes that come with some of the treatments.

Re: Re: psa radtion

Jo,

Whilst you are very welcome here, you may be interested to know there is a specisl forum that you should go along to.It is A Prostate Cancer Forum for Ladies Only and from what I have been told you'll find a warm and sympathetic audience there who will be able to help you with your problems. Believe me you are not Robinson Crusoe here - there are many women whose husband's have reacted badly to hormone therapy.

As to your husband's back pain, that could indeed be a bad sign as you say, but more often than not, because we are so focussed on the possibility of spread, we start wondering if any twinges are PCa related instead of recognising that there are other, more common causes. It seems unlikely, from the brief information you have given, that a condition that responded so rapidly to ADT would have metastaised without being recognised in a bone scan.

All the best

Terry in Australia

we live in Chicago
I will look up all his history 7 get back to you next week.Out of town right now
Joyce

I had ADT for 5 months before my HIFU treatment and the 3 month Zoladex implant finished a month after the HIFU treatment. ADT can cause some muscle and joint pain so the back pain may only be due to the lack of testosterone in his body. It is now 4 months past the end point of the last Zoladex implant and I still do not have any testosterone in my body. I find that sitting in a car for an hour or so will result in my having some mild difficulty getting out and walking for the first few minutes. There is a loss of muscle strength and mass due to ADT. Until the testosterone starts to be produced again he will probably experience some twinges in his back. In my case the twinges and instability is in my legs.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS