Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hormone Therapy - Chemical Castration?

As for side effects, don't forget fatigue and dry, rubbery skin. I also have mood swings.

Paul USA

: Re: Hormone Therapy - Chemical Castration?

All;

As one of the members wife's from here once said and I keep in mind )when I start feeling sorry for myself):

Dead men can't have sex either. Most of our patient and loving wived would prefer us to be alive even if we have lost interest in sex.

I have been on ADT for about 18 months. Is is not fun but the alternative is probably worse. Weird stuff. I have lost not only nocturnal erections but also my interest. And yes also dry rubbery skin, fatigue and a few other things.

If it were not for the low fat diet my lipoid levels would be way off also. (Chol, HDL, LDL, etc)

Steve B from NJ in the USA

Re: Hormone Therapy - Chemical Castration?

I took a lot of good natured ribbing from bar buddies when I told them about hormone therapy. That's okay, humor is good and, at that particular time, I really needed something to smile about.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS