Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
erectile dysfunction any body tried lozenges, nasel spray, injections

been five months since prostate removal. want to improve sex life does nasel spray work ? lozenges? tried tablets they give semi hard erection. pumps cause pain. has any one tried all these drugs and which one was best for them .. thank you grant

Re: erectile dysfunction any body tried lozenges, nasel spray, injections

WELL GRANT, I AM AT ABOUT 1YR 9 MONTHS SINCE PROSTATE REMOVAL.THE PUMP DOES NOTHING,GETS UP BUT DOES NOT STAY.RINGS ARE OF LITTLE USE.PILLS GIVE MEHEADACHES AND DO LITTLE ELSE WHERE.HAVE HAD INJECTIONS AND THEY DO KEEP IT UP FOR A PERIOD OF TIME BUT THE DISCOMFORT IS NOT WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.I HAD A DOC MEASURE THE BLOOD FLOW TO MY PENIS AND IT WAS NOT WHERE IT NEEDED TO BE.SAID IT WOULD NEVER GET BETTER. I FEEL AS THOUGH I WAS STEERED WRONG BEFORE THE SURGERY.WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE GOOD TO GO IN A YEAR AFTER THE SURGERY.BUT WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.I HAVE PRETTY MUCH THROWN IN THE TOWEL.LAST RESORT IS AN IMPLANT BUT DO NOT THINK I AM UP FOR THAT ONE.I AM 54, ABOUT SAME AGE AS YOU. HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER LUCK THAN I.I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY THERE IS NOTHING ON THIS SITE THAT GIVES ONE AN IDEA OF WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF RECOVERY?
REPLY ANYTIME........JIM

Re: Re: erectile dysfunction any body tried lozenges, nasel spray, injections

Jim
Well I an not going to be too much help here but will tell you what I know. Background...60 years old, had the Robot in January 08. I am using the pump and everything you say is true. The pain isn't all that bad. I would say it is more of a discomfort. I did the pump daily for two weeks straight shortly after the surgery and have probably been using it on the average of every other day since then. I just recently (two months ago) started using the "Ring" to keep the erection up and then masturbated--I'm divorced...and Call Girls are too expensive! I would say the erection was about the same as it was before surgery. The one thing I did learn was to get the right size ring!!!! The one I used at first was not that bad. Not too much of a discomfort....until you take it off!! Anyway, it broke and so I used the next size smaller (about 4 came with the machine) and.......I think that ruined me!!! Not really but I ended up ordering new ones so I could have a better fit. (and those darn RIngs are really a racket. $20 for what amounts to an "O" ring with handle grips!!!!) Anyway, the thing I wanted to tell you was that my doctor told me that it may be as long as 2 or 3 years before everything works on its own. OK, I will give it that long. I am prepared to admit that if we are still using the Medical Dust Buster after that, then it will be a life long thing. It beats the alternative! So, thats all I have to say. Hang in there and don't give up the Hope.

Re: Nothing on the site re ED recovery rates

Jim,

I'm sorry to hear of your problems.

The reason that there is nothing definitive on this site about recovery rates from ED is that there is no good data available. The subject is covered in the area dealing with surgery at SURGERY - I assume you read that?

It is clear from thousands of posts that every man who has conventional treatment for PCa will have some degree of ED. Just how much depends on an enormous number of variables, not the least being a definition of ED.

What is also clear is that studies carried out by the medical profession tend to understate the degree of ED and that studies involving men who have had treatment show higher numbers affected.

Good luck in finding a way out of the problem.

Terry in Australia

Re: erectile dysfunction any body tried lozenges, nasel spray, injections

Grant,
I am 47 and 8 weeeks out from my surgery. I tried the pump and it is a pain but atleast it makes me look big again even if it is only for two minutes. My brother had prostate cancer at 42 and needed radiation he could not achieve an erection for two years but after that he says that he has sex two or three times a week. He can achieve an 80% erection own his oun and 95% with Viagera. I used the pump the other day and tried to have sex and heard the words that all men want to hear"are you in me". My friends have offered to step in for me,what great friends!! Keep your spirites up things will get hard again!!

Pat
Phila,Pa USA

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS