Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just diagnosed

I received the results from my biopsy on 17 July 2008. Somehow I thought it was all a mistake, but I guess it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. Just a short bio. I'm a 51 years old and semi retired after a career in law enforcement. My Gleason scores were 3 plus 3 and 3 plus 4. PSA was 6, which lowered to 4.8 after using Cipro for 30 days. The urologist said cancer was detected in all areas of the 12 biopsy samples. I was told they could not do staging from the biopsies, but after finding your web site I have learned quite a bit.
My wife is a nurse and scheduled me for a bone scan which was negative except for a broken right hip. Yes, a broken right hip. I have some stiffness in the morning but never expected anything like that. Had some trauma last fall when I fell from a ladder, but only thought I had bruised ribs. I am scheduled to see a surgeon on Wednesday at the Medical College of Georgia (Augusta) and I guess I'm still a little in denial. Still don't know which way to proceed and just wanted to say thanks for the web site. It's been truly informative.

Re: Just diagnosed

We have all experienced the shock and disbelief unfortunately and the panic that often goes with them. But the one concellation is that prostate cancer is curable. This site offers good information if you read the basic information as you enter the site. The men's stories under mentor experiences of all the various possible treatment options and their side effects as well as identifying some of the best doctor's for the various treatment options should help you with your decision making. I found that the men of this site can also help you with any problems or questions that might arise simply because someone will have experience with that problem or question.
Take care and I hope things work out well for you

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS