Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nocturia Polyura

Like Alan, I finished IMRT a little more than 5 months ago.

I have been on Flomax almost the entire time since I was diagnosed 11 months ago.
I had to double up on it about 3 weeks into the radiation and by the time the therapy was over I could still barely urinate despite the drugs.

That got better after a few weeks and I am now trying to get off the Flomax.
I can get by for about 3-4 days without it and take one then just to loosen up the flow.
I still seem to need to get up 2-3 times a night with or without the Flowmax.
It depends on how much fluid intake I have before bed time.

I've learned to live with it.

I'm just glad that when I get to the toilet I can take care of business like a normal human being.

Re: Nocturia Polyura

I finished IMRT 11 years ago. The past 6 months I need to get up at night every 90 minutes to pee, just like clock work. Most times it is productive, occasionally a dry run. Not looking forward to a TURP. Have appointment with PCP soon. If dead tired from hiking mountains I could go almost all night last year. Have not been dead tired this year yet. Any ideas?

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS