Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Problems With Comcast

G'day Tony.

Well I sent you a mail saying:

According to the error messages I get Comcast say my ISP is associated with Spam. It is one of the biggest ISPs in Australia!

Did you get that one - it hasn't bounced.

All the best

Terry

Re: Re: Re: Problems With Comcast

Oops, spoke too soon.

It's bounced now. Here's the message:

The original message was received at Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:54:53 +1000 from mail03.syd.optusnet.com.au [211.29.132.184]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
(reason: 554 IMTA25.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast 211.29.132.242 Comcast BL004 Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecurityMail_Policy18628)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to mx2.comcast.net.:
<<< 554 IMTA10.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net comcast 211.29.132.242 Comcast BL004 Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecurityMail_Policy18628
... while talking to mx1.comcast.net.:
>>> QUIT
<<< 554 IMTA25.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast 211.29.132.242 Comcast BL004 Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecurityMail_Policy18628
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Re: Problems With Comcast

I suppose that Comcast has placed a block because someone using your ISP is responsible for spam.
I will email their customer service and include the text of the error message you got maybe they can unblock your specific IP address.

Tony

Re: Re: Problems With Comcast

Thanks for your e-mail, Tony.

Yes Comcast do think my ISP is responsible for Spam, but of course they are not. As ever, both sides say the other must do something.

As far as I am concerned, the fact that I can communicated with literally thousands of people using my ISP with no Spam problems points to Comcast being required to do something. But I can't make them do that - only their customers can.

Hopefully they'll do something to improve their service to you.

All the best - and thanks for tryinh.

Terry

Re: Re: Re: Problems With Comcast

Terry

I know this is a diversion but I received an email from a George Edmonds asking advice about after effects of EBRT. I replied to his "Juno" mail address but after a week I was told that it had not been delivered and was returned to me.

I have no idea where an ISP known as Juno "lives", but if George reads this message, perhaps he will contact me again. He must have got my email address from this forum

Thanks

Peter

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS