Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lupron Depot shots & Tylenol Arthritis

I had stopped riding my off road bicycle several months ago, very tiring, hips hurt, & my right thumb joint was hurting badly. After X-Rays, my PCP told me that I had arthritis in my right hand. OK, I'm not going to injure this hand any more than it is already if I start riding again. Had seen Tylenol Arthritis advertised. Yesterday, took one and peddled about 4 miles, level. Still tired, but surprise, the hip Lupron Depot injection sites did not hurt and the right thumb was just fine. These are heavy pills with 650 mg Acetaminophen. Today my stomach seemed on the verge of tossing my cookies. Is this the Tylenol from the day before? Anyone had any experience with this OTC medication?

Re: Lupron Depot shots

Joe ... I took monthly lupron infections and, each time, I had to walk with a cane for two days following each injection due to pain related to the shot. Then, after two days it cleared up as quickly as it arrived.

Urologist thought that was very strange.

BTW Joe ... is you're in Oahu and your Urologist (one of them) is in Hilo ... do you fly in to see him/her or go by boat? Long trip?

Re: Re: Lupron Depot shots

Aloha Phred,
All the gals that gave me shots (except one) were very gentle, going slow with the push, and getting me to relax that side. You are lucky that the pain did not continue. Hope you are on the road to recovery.
We live near Honokaa on the Hamakua Coast of the Big Island. It is a 1 hr drive SE to Hilo. The uro (he) that I wanted to start seeing lives on Maui and flies over here. We fly to Honolulu to see my uro (she) since December. The first uro I saw lived in Hilo, but a couple of months before EBRT, she quit the HMO. Communication with her was difficult, very hard to get answers to questions. My current (Ohau) uro is also non responsive, 1 letter, 6 e-mails, no response since my last visit May 8 for a cysto & urethra dialation. Had some very painful results from that visit ... no response as to why or how to treat the pain.
Did this answer your question or just muddle it up?
We have a small coffee farm on old sugar cane land, and the past 8 months of farming were hard, had many angels from church help us with last years harvest.
Joe

Re: Lupron Depot shots

Thanx Joe, you cleared it up just fine. Man, having to hop an inter-island flight just to see your doctor ... interesting, and I complain cause mine's a twenty minute drive.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with those doctors, hope it works out and it's good to hear that you're off Lupron ... I hated it too.

Good luck to you Sir.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS