Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Post IMRT PSA

Aloha Pat,
Thank you for the reply. I was in reasonable shape prior to beam rd tx, about 3 months with Lupron Depot. I do still have hot flashes, mood swings, bad fatigue, just dead tired, but with the three month LD shots into the hips, I still can exercise moderately. From what you describe, I'll continue the 3 month shots. Ever since the Navy, I've been about 165 lbs/6 ft high. Day one is a floor routine, lift weights, rubber resistance, stretch, crunches, etc. Day 2 is on the elyptical or just today 30 min bicycle ride, level, 3.8 miles. My PCP gave me some sleeping pills, but said that they would not work more than 1 to 2 per week. Last night, it worked. Usually can not go back to sleep. Sleep is good.
Joe

Re: Post IMRT PSA

Joe,

In regard to the Vantas implant, I have had it in for about 6 weeks now.
It has caused me no discomfort whatever.
The Vantas implant is made of flexible plastic similar to the material used in contact lenses.
I am pretty active in the gym lifting weights and also in sports.
If the implant was going to cause me any problem I'm sure it would have shown up by now.

I had mild hot flashes from time to time on Lupron and they seem to be more frequent now.
That is the only real difference I can report.

If the Lupron shots cause you difficulties, then an implant might be a good alternative for you.

Pat,

I have read your posts regarding the pending discontinuation of the implant due to cost.

Implants may not be profitable to the drug company due to development or production costs. I don't know.
I can tell you that the amount that was billed to my insurance company for the implant was less than the cost of the (3) shots it replaces.
That should make it acceptable to the insurance companies.

Tony

Re: Re: Post IMRT PSA

Aloha Tony,
Thank you. My oncologist was not helpful (as in said that it would be painful) as to the implant. But will bring it up again.
Joe

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS