Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Problems Before/After Beam Treatment

To PCP late 06, frequent night toilet trips. May 07, 5% to 70% all 12 biopsy samples, G8-G9, nothing showing outside prostate, started 2 weeks of Casodex, mid June 07 Lupron Depot 3 mth shots, night frequency drops to 1 to 2 times, mid Aug 07 returns to 4-5 times, Sept/Oct 07 rd tx,first half pelvic cavity, 3 weeks into it, I said I quit. The urine problem & hemorrhroids should have been taken care of before treatment started. Very painful No 1 & No 2 toilet. Afraid of going to toilet. Oncologist gave me mind & pain meds, I continued treatment, was able to get off the meds by mid Nov 07. Had hemorrhroids removed Feb 08, good choice, bad outcome, now had incontenance. June 08 still have incontenance, need to plan trips longer than 1 hr. Been on Lupron Depot for 1 yr, 2 more years to go, both hips ache if I walk very far. Have a great deal of trouble sleeping, usually go to sleep just fine, but after first time up, can not return to sleep. It appears that my urine output at night is 2x what it is during the day. Somewhere back then, my kidneys wires got crossed, no-one seems to know why. I keep my liquid intake at 2 l/day, 1/2 comes out at night. Anyone have any ideas about why this reversal of kidney function is happining? If I exercise it helps to sleep. I do have some sleeping pills, but can only take couple times/week.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS