Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Abstract from Pub Med for Discussion

I for one was not given all of the information I needed. The only choices I was given were radiation and robotic. Had I known all I know now (about the robot shortcomings), I would have chosen open surgery.

Paul A in RI, USA

Re: Abstract from Pub Med for Discussion

We did choose Robotic from an informed decision. I was diagnosed in October of 2007 and did not have surgery until January 2008. That time was spent researching every option and meeting with doctors in each field. We chose Robotic mostly for the minimal evasive reasons because of never having had any type of surgery before and wanting to get back to our active lifestyle sooner. It is impossible to know what the outcome for each would be, and we don't like to look back and say "What If", BUT, if I would have known that the recovery would have gone as smooth as it did having had the robotic surgery, and if open surgery would be even twice as difficult, and IF I would have known that I would have a positive margin after robotic, if I had it to do over, I may choose open surgery to reduce that risk. So far, even with the positive margin, the psa has been <0.1. I'll be having the ultra sensitive test reading in July.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS