Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lupron

I have had two shots of Lupron in conjunction with my recent Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy. My last shot was February 26th. I have read that the ADT lasts about 14 weeks and may take as long as 6 months to work out of your system.
What signs/indications might I have that the Lupron is actually leaving ?
Does it usually take that long ?

Re: Lupron

Studies have shown that the Lupron usually works out of the system in as little as three weeks. At that point Leutinizing hormone levels tend to be back to normal. LH is secreted by the pituitary gland (blocked by Lupron) and induces the testicles to produce testosterone. It takes time for the testicles to respond and the rate is dependent on age, duration of treatment, and individual body chemistry. Some of those treated over two years never regain normal testerone levels. If six months goes by and you're still having symptoms, ask your doctor to order a blood test to measure your testerone levels. - Pat (Alaska, USA)

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS