Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My husband's story cn anyone give their opion

If you want information on Proton Beam, click the link - you might find it worthwhile checking the all the links on this section of the Yana site, including the stories of men who have had the treatment.

Terry in Australia

Re: My husband's story cn anyone give their opion

Since this thread has popped up again I thought I'd share with you all our lastest situation. At 6 months post op my husband's PSA came back at .3. Urologist suggested to wait another 3 months and if it went up to see a radiation oncologist. This bought us some time with his incontinence. He is down to one pad a day so that is better. Well it doubled to .7 in those 3 months. Yuck! We met this week with the Rad Onc and he feels we still have a window for a cure. We did have a bone scan prior to the visit but the hospital messed up the report so it was not available at our 1st visit. Very frustrating. We did decide to have further testing and he will have another CT scan and also a proctoscint. Also will proceed with radiation plans while these tests are being done. He feels a sense of urgency to begin the process because of the PSADT. I'm sure if the scans come back for mets we'll stop the radiation plans. His cancer does seem to be aggressive doesn't it? I have read alot lately on how important that doubling time is to ones prognosis. We're pretty scared as you can imagine.
It is not what we had hoped for but need to focus on something positive somehow. Summer is around the corner. That's good news right!
Take care everyone.
Martha

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS