Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Over 3yrs now since bleak prognosis

DELIGHTED TO HEAR OF YOUR CONTINUING SUCCESS...IN THE WORDS OF THE TV SERIES "LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
WOULD YOU TELL ME MORE CONCERNING YOUR VITAMIN D INTAKE, TYPE, DOSAGE, ETC. ?

George,

Your good news is good for us all.

When you are diagnosed with a PSA in triple digits, no one offers much optimism.

I hope to follow in your footsteps.
Lead the way.

Tony-USA

Tony,

You're half way there when you retain hope and optimism, no matter how dark some months are.

Patrick, I researched the Vit D issue as thoroughly as I could, and everything I read guided me to take the following doseage:
A daily average of 4000iu of D3 Cholecaliferol.

I am unable to buy capsules of that strength in England so I get my supplies from a highly reputable FDA approved source in the USA.
We don't advertise on here, but if you mail me I could tell you the name of the company.

The capsules are each 5000iu and to get my correct daily intake I have one for five days of one week and 6 days the next week.

My starting 'Total Vit D' about 9 months ago was a shocking 25, and although it's taken a while, it is now up to 40. I'm hoping to get it stable at around 80.

Of course, what would REALLY boost it would be a long, hot English summer......but my chances of seeing more than about a 'warmish' 3 weeks are around the same as the odds for winning the UK National Lottery. Perhaps I too should emigrate to Oz like Terry. : )

Best Wishes,

George

George,

That's great news! Thank you so much for the update and best wishes for continued good health.

Regards, David

Re: Re: Over 3yrs now since bleak prognosis

Well done George. It is always great to hear stories such as your own.......it tends to make everyone a little more optimistic. Long may your success continue.
Bill Mac

Great work George. Continue to inspire and aspire.

JohnC

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS