Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Pain during urination after Sonablate HIFU

Thanks Terry. I have been reading Eric's story but I was able to finally get someone at the USHIFU place who gave me a phone number and name of a nurse in Toronto who had 25 years experience with HIFU. She ran the Toronto Sonablate division of USHIFU. She was able to explain everything. Apparently, the size of my prostate, 43.5 cc is quite large and the increase in swelling from treating a large prostate would cause my pain during urination. She implied that I could get some anti-inflammatory drugs and that did eliminate that pain. The pain above the pubic bone was bladder spasming and I just needed to take the Detrol LA for a longer period of time. The bladder spasming was also causing the extensive leakage of urine around the suprapubic catheter. Both sets of pills settled everything down very quickly.
The high frequency of urination was due to my taking too much water. I am only suppose to take 48 ounces and not 2.5 liters which is the 10--8oz cups. The Toronto HIFU uses 6oz glasses So I have cut back on the water and I am now getting longer times between urinations even as long as three hours. The volume is not great but it is improving. I did get at least one urination with over a cup. She did however tell me to not double urinate but go once through the penis and then empty the rest through the catheter. Her goal is the have no more than 100ml of urine left in the bladder after urination and I am getting close to that as well but it is highly variable.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS