Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Penis discomfort.

Hello, I am 6 weeks post open sugery and everything went great. I have the usual incontinence and ED but I am making good progress. Catheter out 4 weeks. The problem that concerns me is I am having small bladder spasms after I urinate and I am feeling a discomfort/burning sensation in the tip of my penis when I go. My stream is strong by it tends to spray at times. Anyone out there every had the same problem?

Re: Penis discomfort.

I have pretty much the same situation, although the spasms have gone away. I am 5 weeks post op.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello, I am 6 weeks post open sugery and everything went great. I have the usual incontinence and ED but I am making good progress. Catheter out 4 weeks. The problem that concerns me is I am having small bladder spasms after I urinate and I am feeling a discomfort/burning sensation in the tip of my penis when I go. My stream is strong by it tends to spray at times. Anyone out there every had the same problem?

Re: Re: Penis discomfort.

I'm eight weeks out. While I didn't have spasms I initially felt the stream was insufficient. What I've found though is volume plays a part. When possible I wait til it's somewhat urgent. Of course you can't do that in the mall but at home or even work where a bathroom is near. It seems that if the amount is sufficient then I'm much less uncomfortable. It's actually going like I remember when I was 20. Give that a shot. Lastly, I did have some burning but you'll see that it diminishes. It did for me.

Re: Re: Re: Penis discomfort.

I am 10 weeks post op(de venci) Dr. Fagin Autin,Tx
I have had constant pain in the pelvic floor to the point of not being able to do kegels. Dr. tells me I should not have this problem and did nothing. I have had pain in the tip of my penis and a swollen urethra. Dr. finally gave me some Levaqun-did nothing. Later prescribed Augmentin. No help. I researched the internet and determined I had a yeast infection. Called Dr. and got RX for Diflucan-2 doses. Took those had relief for 24 hours and it came back. Itch like crazy and constant burning. Found a post for using Monostat-7 with vinegar. Got some mixed it up and put it on my penis. It stated to work almost immediately. 24 hours later I am almost sympton and pain free. Being a pharmacist help my research.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm eight weeks out. While I didn't have spasms I initially felt the stream was insufficient. What I've found though is volume plays a part. When possible I wait til it's somewhat urgent. Of course you can't do that in the mall but at home or even work where a bathroom is near. It seems that if the amount is sufficient then I'm much less uncomfortable. It's actually going like I remember when I was 20. Give that a shot. Lastly, I did have some burning but you'll see that it diminishes. It did for me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Penis discomfort.

Iam almost three weeks post op. I still have some slight pain at the end of the penis I think this was caused by the catheter being in for two weeks. I do spray a little and thats probably because I pee whenever I feel the urge so I don't have to worry about allowing my bladder to get to full. I am pretty much continent except when my wife surprises me and I laugh or when I have to pass gas and use the same muscles all at once. I have a little pain in my pelvic floor also. But its not bad. I was virtually pain free until I got home and started to heal. I get little twinges here and there and I really get tired quickly. Riding in a car makes me bounce around iand it does not feel comfortable.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS