Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zometa

I have been on casadex and zoladex for approx. 2 months. My Psa has went down from 94.9 to 8.96. i also have cancer in my lower spine. The Drs. want me to do a doubleblind study of Zometa. The purpose of the study is to compare the effects(good and bad) of early use of zoledronic acid(zometa) compared to standard treatment with zoledronic acid. As I had written before my children are totally against a trial. I would like any info I can get from anyone who has taken Zometa. Thanks

Re: Zometa

I would like for my husband to get Zometa but the medical oncologist advises against it even the the urologist advises for it. We get so many mixed messages that it is plain scary.

My husband also has mets to the spine. He's in pain much of the time.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS