Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A hyperinflated disease

oops...
pT2 failure is even higher than I posted above. 5% in Johns Hopkins and 32% in Mayo Clinic (PSA progression at 10 years)

Best regards,
Henk Scholten
The Netherlands

Re: Re: A hyperinflated disease

Henk:

I still must disagree. It is not the knowledge that causes problems, it is what you do with it. If you know you have a rising PSA, you can be checked for other urinary tract problems, if you find from biopsy you have PCa you can undertake certain lifestyle changes to arrest its progression with out undergoing anything radical. If you know you do not have to wait for symptoms to make beneficial changes. I have cut down on red meat, added vitamins, drink pomegranate juice, and am losing weight. If these work(some say yes some say no-only time will tell) the fact that I knew there was a problem and could take corrective action could either stop further symptoms or delay them.

The failure rate of RP is too high whether it is 5% or 35%, if people would take a deep breath after a Dx and study and learn, then I firmly believe that knowing is power. I have the power to make changes to possibly avert further symptoms, metastases, complications etc because I know.

Thanks for the debate.

Fred B

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS