Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
testosterone

looking for input robotic 10-2007 everything going well,sex drive very low read on other posts of testosterone so asked to have it checked and it is low, treatment on persons with pc im told can cause problems looking for advice

Re: testosterone

Any other treatments besides robotic? - p (Alaska, USA)

I guess I should explain better I had davinvi done in Oct 2007 3 mo psa undetectable however I seem to be having a problem with sex drive this is why I had My testosterone checked and it was low.My family Dr said we will check it in 1 mo if it is still the same or lower I might want to consider treatment.Somewhere I read this could be a problem with a person with prostate cancer and other side affects of the medications used. Has anyone else had a problem with low testosterone and treatment

Hi Murdock,

Generally, it's the hormone treatment we PCa guys have which brings testosterone down to zilch. once that stops the T can rise. As Pat asks, are you on any medication, such as casodex or lupron?

George

England

Re: Re: testosterone

No, Im not taking any meds for my PC. The robotic went well and results were good Im 53 I was taking meds for an injury I have.Im going to check them out to see what side affects they may have. I think the testosterone may have been a factor before my operation does P C itself cause testoterone to drop I should here from my urologist after they do a second blood test

Hi Murdock,

I wouldn't have thought low testosterone was an indicator of PCa, but there are many other other conditions which can cause the drop. You need to see an endocrinologist and have all your hormones tested.

Best of luck,

George

PS I was just a few days short of my 54th birthday when I was diagnosed in 2005.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS