Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
adjuvant radiation

My husband, Tom, had the Da Vinci procedure Aug.30th of 07. He did well and kept nerves, nearly continent now. Initial diagnosis PSA 11.5 gleason 4+4 all scans clear. Post surgery report showed cancer outside capsule and one margin involved, gleason 4+3. After two undetectable PSA readings he is being advised to have 37 treatments of adjuvant radiation. These will begin in 2 weeks. He received a booklet about side effects and is concerned. Any one having experience with post surgery radiation and side effects please e-mail me. I have searched the internet but cannot get any straight answers as to duration and severity of potential side effects of this form of treatment. Thanks.

Re: adjuvant radiation

Becky,

There are quite a number of men who have told their stories on the Yana site who have had surgery and Radiation.

if you go to one of the indexes - http://www.yananow.net/Chart-Year.htm - would be a good one. and page down you will see in the sixth coumn the first choice of treatment and in the eight column any adjuvant treatment.

I have been a bit careless over the years in my nomenclature, so sometimes this adjuvant treatment is shown as Radiation and sometimes as EBRT, but you will be able to pick up a number of cases, read what the men have to say and mail them if you want more information.

Good luck,

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS