Return to Website

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!

This is a general bulletin board for posting information, resources and questions regarding the dachshund. No listing of dogs for sale allowed. All posts will be removed.

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Senior Doxies

You are SO right! We adopted Molly from our local SPCA after an urgent call from their vet. She was on her last hour and needed a forever home immediately. She was skinny and most of her teeth were rotting but she was full of love and ready to give it to everyone! Well, three years later, I can honestly say that of our four rescued doxies, she has the most loving personality! We don't know exactly how old she is- the vet guesses around 10- but once brought back to health and with lots of love and exercise, she easily keeps up with her brothers and sister! She even bosses around all the big dogs at the dog park! You can read all about her at Molly D's Doxies on Dogster. Don't be afraid to adopt a senior. I really think they know how lucky they are to be with you and show their appreciation every day! Anybody else have a senior story?

Re: Re: Senior Doxies

Adopted female mini at 6, now 9. Best dog we've ever had. Just adopted 2 four year old's. I would adopt 10 year old's in a heart beat, provided in good health. Older dogs very much appreciate a good home. Usually spayed/neutered, housetrained and don't chew everything. Older dogs are treasures!