Return to Website

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!

This is a general bulletin board for posting information, resources and questions regarding the dachshund. No listing of dogs for sale allowed. All posts will be removed.

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Strange behavior

Hi, I wondered if you had found at any more information on your little dog's behaviour? We have a 4 year old miniture female, Mitzie, and she recently was spayed at the Vet's suggestion. A week later she is crying, whining, and carrying around her two squeak toys everywhere...and holds them in her mouth and crys. We are wondering if she thinks these are her babies? or if it has something to do with her being spayed recently. She is very clingy too. We return to the Vet this weekend and of course I will ask him also, but this behaviour has just been unusual and strange for her. The only other difference in her environment is that she has been kept in a crate (adequate in size for her weight and she can turn around okay, etc.) the past week or so since her surgery to protect her stitches because doctor said she needed to lay still.
I hope your own pup is better by now. Thanks, Andy