Return to Website

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!

This is a general bulletin board for posting information, resources and questions regarding the dachshund. No listing of dogs for sale allowed. All posts will be removed.

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: My Doxie

Hi..
Thanks so much for the advice and help, I really appreciate it. I just called the vet again,(he is going to think I am crazy!)and he said that yes, something could be stuck but its not blocking her breathing, eating, etc. He said the antibiotics would help with that for any infection, etc and that her white blood cells would disolve anything lodged. He told me if she is still coughing next monday, while she is asleep he will take x-rays. I am a new to this, always had cats but now after getting my little Mika, I would not change a thing. I did not know how smart and loving (and stubborn!)Dachshunds were! haha!! My little doxie gets into everything, have to watch her carefully! No more little raw hide bones for her! I will check out the link you sent. Thanks again

Re: Re: Re: My Doxie

If it were me I would go ahead with the x-rays, then you would know for sure if something is stuck in her throat. Another suggestion, while she is under anesthesia I would have them trim her nails and if she needs a dental that would be a good time too. It's really best to have as much done so she doesn't have to be put under twice.

I highly recommend the book "Dachshunds for Dummies".

p.s. The vet is not going to think you are crazy, he knows you are just a concerned Doxie mom...