Return to Website

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!

This is a general bulletin board for posting information, resources and questions regarding the dachshund. No listing of dogs for sale allowed. All posts will be removed.

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New adopted dachshund

Hi Linda,

That is super news about Holly. I'm happy to hear she is doing well. It‘s sad but sometimes you never do know what causes an illness. This can happen to people too.

ITA with the vets... and I love the saying “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. With any luck this will just be a one time thing. Cross fingers.

I wish your family the best. I’m so glad ya’ll found each other.

Take care,
Patt

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New adopted dachshund

Hi everyone,

Well, I am sorry to say, I am back and tonight for the first time Holly had a seizure. It was not a bad one, but definetly a seizure. I had just taken both dogs out and Holly did both of her things outside, came in, and went to get their treats for the night, and looked over and Holly was in the hallway, laying down on her side with legs stretched out and shaking and I went over to her, called my husband, and she was pooping at the same time. I am calling the vet first thing in the morning.

She has really not been herself the last few weeks, very lazy, doesn't really want to walk, tires very easily, and really not playful at all. I am thinking it is Hypothyroidism, which the vet had mentioned when her stomach blew up, but thought he had tested her for that. But obviously something is wrong now.

I will keep yo posted.

Thanks,
Linda