Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
View Entire Thread
Re: Where to from here? Help please!

It must be very difficult.
Most important is that you actually get doctor's involved at the earliest. She may require to be hospitalized in a closed ward facility depending on what the doctor advises. From what you have said, she seems to be getting paranoid or even hallucinating. this requires urgent medication.

Medications should never be stopped unless the doctor (a qualified psychiatrist and not just any general practicioneer) says its ok

It will be difficult for you to manage her single handedly but if you can somehow get a family member, close relative or good friend/neighbour to stay at your home for a while or some during some parts of the should be able to cope better

my prayers are for you. God Bless