Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If Anyone Can Help

After three years of trying to help a mentally ill partner, I finally realized that whatever I do will never be enough... I thought with enough love and support, that I could help her to feel whole and stable. The withdrawal and pulling away has been never ending and when it finally came a time in my emotional life when I was the one in need, she walked out. I fear that there is no hope for this ever changing and want to hear the truth from people who know. I believe her medications have her in a balanced state, but she has no emotional connections... describes herself as feeling emotionally DEAD inside. I am ready to seek therapy after trying this hard and feeling left with nothing. If you have insight, I would be so grateful. Maybe books... her diagnosis is depression.

Re: If Anyone Can Help

Beth

It sounds as though the issue is not her depression but her inability to care for someone else. I'm thinking there isn't a way to fix it and most importantly, it's not about you, it's about her. Move on.

Sherri