Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The more I try, the more I'm hurt.

to explain my situation, i'm going to type a pretend letter to my mother explaining my feels.

Dear mom,
Mothers day is here, but not all mothers diserve recognition. I recently visited you in the mental hospital but you tore me apart! You told me that your priority level is:
1)God
2)Your husband (my stepdad)
3)Your daughters (from my step dad)
4)Me and my brother (from our dad)
Do you know how much that hurts? I'm your oldest daughter and i come last in your life? Then you have the nerve to say I disrespect you. I do everything possible to help you! I drive the 30 mins everyday to take care of your daughters. Thank god I don't live with you. Your disease is hurting more than just you. Emily (my 11 y/o sister) wrote on facebook that she wanted to kill herself because of you. And finally, you admitted doing drugs durig my pregnancy after lying for 18 years about it.
You accuse my grandparents (fathers parents and my gaurdians) of being an open check book, spoiling me, ect... Saying that they didn't raise me right. If you would have raised me, I would have Killed Myself by now!
You constantly bring up the pasted about when i wrote you letters saying i want you out of my life. Well you know what? Now I'm bringing the pasted back!
You went against me in court when I was five! When your boyfriend RAPED me! You took me on your drug deals! you left me home alone at 6 months. You thought you saw bugs on my brothers diaper area, so you picked at him and made him bleed everywhere because you were seeing things from the drugs. And maybe your the reason my dad is a homosexual, maybe you scared him away from women!
You don't deserve to be my mother. And I don't deserve to put up with you anymore. Yes, I've written letters before saying I'm done with you, but this time, I'm serious.
Have fun with your new family!
-Without Love,
Your Daughter,
Britt

Deng, that felt great to get out!