Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Here

Hi I am new here, I am glad to see forums like this one are still around! Most of them seem to have tapered off in the late '90s. I have a mom with Multiple Personality Disorder, and I suspect lots of other mental problems. She claims to have integrated all 2,000 of her personalities 8 years ago (when I was 20) but she's still not all there. She makes up stories about how she had intimate relationships with celebraties, she has an impossible timeline that she continually adds to, she never talks about the here and now, every conversation turns into one about her in these imaginary encounters. She refuses to seek therapy, and she is becoming to much to even talk to on occaision. I want her to be a grandma to my kids, but I just can't have my children exposed to her constant lieing and lewd stories. Any advice or resources would be helpful. Thank You.