Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My mentally ill mother is on her way...

My mom has paranoia schizophrenia. Last time I saw her was for my wedding, she stayed with my husband and I for 2 months (2 months!!) and it was the worst experience of my life. She was and still is very, very sick. That was almost 4 years ago.
Her disease convinces her that I am a drug addicted devil worshiper pervert, that I tried to kill her, etc, etc. Basically anything bad in the world I am, I do, I am involved with.

For a while she disappeared, she keeps moving from country to country (US, Panama, Costa Rica, Chile, and God knows where else) because her "enemies" find her and try to kill her. She has been doing this for about 2 years. Unfortunately or fortunately (I debate every day about that)she can afford it and she can also sort of function in society. Therefore I can not make her take medicine or seek help. She is so unhappy and has such horrible life!!! It really breaks my heart.. at the same time I am happy I only see her every few years and I feel guilty about that. I have tried in so many different ways to help her....

She called me yesterday and said she will arrive on Thursday, she will stay for 2 weeks.
Regardless of all the things she has done to me, I love my mother and I am so happy to see her and hug her but I am scared to death!!!! I still hope it is going to be great but if I have learned anything through the years, I know it won't be a very pleasant situation, probably horrible like last time.
I hope God gives me the strength to get through this...I hope God gives me enough compassion to be able to let go of anything hurtful she says or does...
PLEASE PRAY FOR ME, I AM SCARED....