Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My mom

you are not alone. believe me. My mother is a paranoid schizophrenic and it is only getting progressively worse. I grew up seeing the insides of mental institutions. Shes a retired pharmacist thats still studies the books and every time she gets on medication, she only receives the side effects. Shes the worst kinda of schizophrenic patient; the one that knows how the medicine works. I too have been searching for a friend over the internet. I made a post earlier speaking of more details of my situation.

Re: My mom

Hi!
My biggest fear growing was geting my parent's disease... And have learned here that, that fear is very common!!!!!! And realistically geting a parent's disease at 38 I belive is rare...
Ive had PTSD all of my life, and that is a Normal reaction, to an abnormal situation, nothing to be ashamed of. It has helped me to get couseling!!!! Because being a parent to a parent, is very emotionally draining!

I hope things are looking brighter for you now!!!!!!!