Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Mom

So, I won't bore you with the history I have with my mom. She has a personality disorder. She also has physical problems, so she takes tons of pain pills, and never takes any of her medication properly. She is mean, nasty and hurtful. I am 31, and for about 6 years i have lived on the other side of the country from her. Mainly because she likeds to destroy my life( telling lies to friends, co-workers, apartment managers, etc...). I have lost jobs, friends, and homes from her lies. This last year we have been trying to build a relationship, once again everything fell apart, and she is back to all her same old crap.
This time she is bringing my kids into it. I will never let her hurt my kids the way she has hurt me, and the things she says are HORRIBLE. I will not speak to her, I have changed my phone number and email addresses. My problem is the incredible guilt I have over this. She has never been loving, and she has always treated me worse than anyone else, but I STILL feel guilty! Any advice?