American Top 40/Top 20 Message Board

Discuss AT40/20 and Chart information with fellow fans!

American Top 40/Top 20 Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AT40 on XM radio?

According to a sattelitte source, XM radio is pursuing acquisition rights for an AT40 channel by the end of the year. Is this a good move for XM? Thoughts & comments are always welcome.

Re: AT40 on XM radio?

If I were inclined to get XM at all, AT40 would be the biggest reason to get it. Then I could listen to a show start to finish while I'm on vacation!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

According to a sattelitte source, XM radio is pursuing acquisition rights for an AT40 channel by the end of the year. Is this a good move for XM? Thoughts & comments are always welcome.

Re: Re: AT40 on XM radio?

That would be the ONLY reason I'd get XM. I prefer local radio much better otherwise.

Replying to:

If I were inclined to get XM at all, AT40 would be the biggest reason to get it. Then I could listen to a show start to finish while I'm on vacation!

Replying to:

i wood like to see american top 40 flashback from the 70s and 80s thank you kevin fry if you wood get the show on your station i wood get a XM RADIO

Replying to:

It would be nice if XM does get the rights to AT40 Classic but I won't believe it until I hear or see it from them. The reason for this is that AT40 Classic was being played on XM 80s on 8 at the beginning of 2003 and was taken off due to expiration of Premiere's Chart rights from Billboard. Instead of just coming out and saying that this was the case, Bruce Kelly(the PD there)conducted a poll on whether AT40 would stay or go. Heidi Selexa made snide comments against AT40 during her shifts. Those wanting it to go "won" but even they were mad because their vote meant nothing-the show was going to go whether or not they "won". After being hounded by me and other AT40 fans, he sent a bleeding heart letter begging for pity and saying that he was looking for a way to get AT40 rights. What I can't understand is why he didn't admit the truth earlier.

In short, if Bruce Kelley or anyone from 80s on 8 is involved, I don't believe that AT40 on XM will be happening anytime soon, if ever. I think the only reason for the talk about XM trying to get these rights was to keep us from bothering Bruce Kelley, who obviously just wants the issue to go away. Otherwise, he would have spoken more straightforwardly about it.

Just my opinion

John Bass

The above message was posted and shows my disappointment over AT40 being taken off XM Radio. However, it turns out that they ARE SINCERE and will be bringing it back to XM soon. Go to the XM411 site or Rob Durkee's AT40 Fun and Games for more information.

My full apologies to Bruce Kelley for what I said in the previous post!! I should have believed you and I will now.

Kevin:

They will have both 1970s and 1980s(XM 70s on 7 and XM 80s on 8)

John

It's on XM 70s & XM 80s as of this weekend...08-04-06. Listen or check out furter at www.xmradio.com!

Not only can you now listen to the original AT40 shows on XM, you can actually purchase the original vinyls that were used to air the show. Charis Music has the rights to sell and buy vinyl sets for digital remastering, which is where XM is getting their copies by the way. I have several AT40 shows from Charis and they are fun to listen to. Check out their website at Charismusicgroup.com They are always looking for other collectors to help them with their digital remastering efforts.