American Top 40/Top 20 Message Board

Discuss AT40/20 and Chart information with fellow fans!

American Top 40/Top 20 Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NO CASEY NO SHOW!

I'BE LISTENING AT40 FOR 20 YEARS BUT IF CASEY DON'T COME ANY MORE IN THE AIR I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN THE SHOW ANYMORE ITS NOT THE SAME WHEN CASEY DON'T HOST THE SHOW, I LIKE THE WAY CASEY PRESENT EVERY WEEK THE TOP 40 CASEY HAS A SPECIAL WAY TO TALK LIKE NOBODY.

Re: NO CASEY NO SHOW!

I agree. They should not even call the show AT 40 anymore. I just know that they are going to change AT 40 into some dog and pony show with stupid jokes and silly contests. If the show even makes it through 2004, I'll be very suprised.

i agree with you guys Casey is the reason i have listened to the countdowns all these years, this is like when shadoe stevens took over it became different, they should retire the show at 40 or call it something else

They are not going to drop a money-making show, PERIOD.

Things change. AT40 changed. There's absolutely nothing that says that it has to be cast in cement and unchanging.

For example, Disneyland has strayed from Walt Disney's original vision. Does that make it bad? NO! Is it still a fun place to visit in 2004 as it was in 1954? YES!

AT40 has also changed during Casey's years. It's not the show you'll be missing (which still counts down the 40 most popular songs in the USA), it's the host.

I agree with you guys!! Since Casey left AT 40 I haven't been listening to the show. Does anybody know what station I can listen to Casey Kasem on?

does he still do the top 20 shows? remember the top 10 video show from the 80's. i have been listening since the 70's.

Yeah, Casey still does his Top 20 show for Hot AC (AT 20). He also has a Top 10 show for AC (AT10) which includes a different spotlight each week.

I agree with you. I was born in 1960 in Cuba and believe it or not, Casey was my best English teacher. I would listen to his show on forbidden radio stations from Miami (WQAM) and WLCY from Tampa. Even though reception was not good (they were AM radio stations) his perfect pronunciation helped me understand titles and artists in spite of my poor English at the time.