Return to Website

James Byrd Fan Forum

This forum is for the discussion of James Byrd and any other topics that come into your mind.

New questions directed to Byrd may upon occassion be selected for placement on the "Ask Byrd" section of the website if we find them of general interest to fans".

Forum: James Byrd Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Marshall Settings

Hi James

I am testing a sofware plugin called Amplitube Jimi Hendrix that found quite amazing. It am using a Marshall Super Lead with 4x12 75C Cabinet, and Shure SM57 mic and some reverb (all software simulation).

The preliminar results are, for me, superb. I have never listen something so close with the real deal and for me, that plays only in the apartment, becoming impossible to play with a real Tube Amp crancked, was heaven.

I also use a analog hand made overdrive (quite similar to Tube Screamer)to boost the signal and get a heavier and sustained tone, but not extreme compressed and without dynamics. By the way the response of the software to the playing is awesome. I can get a clean tone just controling the volume of the guitar and bypassing the overdrive.

But I have some doubts. What are your amp settings nowadays, not just the tone controls, but also, volume I and II? And how I can get it a little more tight like early Uli´s tone?

My guitar is a Strat with HS-3 pickups and I can get a very smooth tone, very similar to yours in Crime of Virtuosity.

Thank You
Felipe

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com