Return to Website

James Byrd Fan Forum

This forum is for the discussion of James Byrd and any other topics that come into your mind.

New questions directed to Byrd may upon occassion be selected for placement on the "Ask Byrd" section of the website if we find them of general interest to fans".

Forum: James Byrd Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Disconecting tone pot

Hi James

I have a YJM(neck) and a HS-3 (Bridge) in my Fender and decided to disconect the tone pots. I really like the results, especially for the YJM in the neck.

After listening some of your great music and reading your website I became very curious about the Virtual Vintage 54B, but change a pickup in your only guitar is not the most easy thing to decide...

My question is with the tone pots disconected, that increase output and the high frequencies, my actual pickups are sounding, more or less, in the same way that the virtal vintage 54b with the tone pots connected???

By the way i will love to see you in action, even on youtube.

Thank You
The Guy from Brasil

Email  
Re: Disconecting tone pot

The HS3 won't sound like a 54 even with the tone pot disconnected. They're completely different designs and materials.

-B

Re: Re: Disconecting tone pot

Ok

By the way in Dimarzio website there is only a Virtual Vintage 54 Pro, replacing the Virtual Vintage 54.

I wonder if it is the same pickup and could be used in bridge and neck position.

Do you have plans to do some video demonstration of your equipment and playing technique? It think it would be a good idea to put in yor website.

Felipe

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com