Return to Website

James Byrd Fan Forum

This forum is for the discussion of James Byrd and any other topics that come into your mind.

New questions directed to Byrd may upon occassion be selected for placement on the "Ask Byrd" section of the website if we find them of general interest to fans".

Forum: James Byrd Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Byrd's picks

Hey Byrd,

I keep forgetting to ask you ...
what kind of picks do you use?

I used to use teh Dunlop Jazz 3 a few years ago but then I changed to the Gibson Jazz (the teardrop shape) heavy (but the "heavy" is more like a 'medium' compared to the Dunlop).
I've gone back to the Dunlop because it jusr KILLS for high gain soloing and riffing. The Gibson is a bit smaller & thinner sounding, to my ears.

Also, dude is there any live stuff of yours out there, dvd's, cd's, and such?

Regards,
Ara

Email  
Re: Byrd's picks

Hi Ara

I use Dunlop sharps, 1.5 MM. I bought a gross of them back in the 90's, and just a couple of weeks ago, I had to special order them through Guitar Center because neither they, nor anywhere else I looked, carries them anymore. Prior to that, I used Dunlop 1.5 MM tortex, and would hand sharpen them. I like a standard sized, very inflexible pick, with a very sharp point. I tried the Dunlop jazz once but I can't play metal rhythm guitar parts well with those little Jazz picks.

Cheers -B

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com