Return to Website

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website

Welcome To The Official Ritchie Valens Forum. Please Feel Free To Post, But Just A Reminder To All. We Are An All Ages Website And So The Forum And Website Entries Are Monitored. Thank You And Enjoy The Forum And Website.

ritchievalenswebmaster

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
questions

What has happened to bob,his daughter, rosie, donna, and ritchies two sisters? Did his mom when she was living still live in the same home he bought her? what careers did bob, and donna end up doing?

Re: questions

Michelle...
Welcome to our website! Well, here goes...
Brenda, my daughter is 52 yrs old, she has five children and 3 grandchildren and presently lives with
me! Rosie and I split 35 years ago and had 7 children.
She still lives in LA. Irma and Connie (sisters) live
in N. Cali and operate another site, as does Mario.
Donna lives in Placerville and is a mortgage officer.
My Mom did not live in the house that Ritchie bought her...too many memories. She resided in Watsonville
until she passed in 1987. As for myself, I was a
substance abuse counselor for over 10 years and have
always been a mechanic. I have continued with my art
and other projects. Hope that is what you wanted to
know...Thanx for stopping by, come back soon! Bob

Hi, Bob,

I just found your site. Thank you for keeping the memory of Ritchie alive for the newer generations to see.

Are you still in contact with Lou Diamomd Phillips, Esai Morales, or any of the cast of La Bamba?

Keep up the good work!! God Bless!!

Rod

Re: questions Ritchie's records and albums

Bob;
I have 45 records and albums from Ritchie.. Donna / La Bamba.Thats My Little Susie / Framed ... and album that was given away at the pizza party.. I also have " Winter Dance Party " poster... I made a frame with Ritchie's picture that is autograhed and his Donna/La Bamba 45 record ....
Please let me know how I can send you and your family a photo copy of this picture frame.... " It came out awsome "

Thx

Bob

I cannot explain to you how much your story moved me I am 33 years old and living in south Africa

I remember watching the Labamba movie when I was 12

Dude you all rock

Regards

Leslin

I was so hoping you and Rosie would have worked things out.I know that would have been a wish of Ritchie. He will live forever in our hearts.

Comment to Bob

Bob; throughout the La Bamba movie; my focus was on you, more than on Ritchie. I hurt so much for you. It seemed you never got the appreciation or love that Ritchie got. Even your wife, Rosie didn't accept your art talent. You were always 'second fiddle.' I don't know how much of the movie was true to life, but I hurt for you. I hope you are well today. God bless, Mary

hi bob i have the movie la bamba a thousand times and i cry every time.i was only nine years old when all of this happened but the music was part of my growing up and i still listen to it to this day.your mom was a strong woman and there needs to be more like her in the world today.thank you for doing the job you do and i appreciate your sharing your brother with the world.

I have some questions of my own.
Bob, can you tell us things about Ritchie that nobody else really knows? Like, did he own any records/ radio in his room? What kinds of music did he love to listen to? What did he do whenever he was at home? I know he had to take care of your younger sisters and brother, but was he to himself and just loved to stay in his room and play and sing? What was his speaking voice like? Did he like to play any sports? There are some recordings of him talking, but not many, and most them aren't really clear enough or long enough to really get a good idea of what his voice sounded like. I know this is probably a odd questin but....
How well could he speak in Spanish? I know that I read somewhere that he could mostly understand when your mom spoke to him in Spanish, but...

Hi Bob,
I just wanted to say hi to you.I just watched the Labamba movie and was thinking of you.

For Bob from watching the movie they always blamed u for everything I belive u weren't all that bad and sorry for your brother rip just wanted to say that thank you

I have some questions of my own.
Bob, can you tell us things about Ritchie that nobody else really knows? Like, did he own any records/ radio in his room? What kinds of music did he love to listen to? What did he do whenever he was at home? I know he had to take care of your younger sisters and brother, but was he to himself and just loved to stay in his room and play and sing? What was his speaking voice like? Did he like to play any sports? There are some recordings of him talking, but not many, and most them aren't really clear enough or long enough to really get a good idea of what his voice sounded like. I know this is probably a odd questin but....
How well could he speak in Spanish? I know that I read somewhere that he could mostly understand when your mom spoke to him in Spanish, but...

Just watched the movie...for the 150th time lol...bob you are my favorite character in the movie...i am curious to the scene where you broke the rattlesnake necklace..and did Ritchie believe he was to die in as plane crash?..

Hi Bob! I grew up in Northridge in the 60's and I grew up on Richies music. If I sent you a self addressed stamped envelope of a photo of Richie would you please sign it? I will frame it and it will be my prized possession. I go to Richie and your moms grave site often. I just went a few days ago. If you would sign the photo what address would I send it too? Thanks so much, Rob Freud

You mention you were a substance abuse counselor... an or are you willing to help someone oh we the phone..

I recently rewatched LA Bamba and began researching as much as I could on you and your family. I'm a huge fan and would like to know how to recieve a copy of this picture from you.

Re: Bob Thanks

Bob always love the movie La Bamba I want to tell you that I did understood your pain and so happy that you understood as well

Re: Thank Bob

Thanks so much Mr Bob for sharing some of your life with us. I did hurt in the movie for you but deep down I know that your mom and Richie love you so much. I am so sorry that your wife didn't appreciate the things you try to do for her and the family but she also was hurting because you both was young and didn't know how to handle each other's pain. Today I pray that you find peace and love in your heart. You are love by many fans and I am one. I wish that you and your wife are the best of friends.

Is Bob still alive?

Hello Bob!!!
I love you & Ritchie!!!

I hope you & family are great!!'

I love the movie La Bamba!!! Awesome movie!!!
May I please ask ask for your autograph? God bless!!
🌹❤️ Love, Brandy Gilmer!!

Bob

Brandy Gilmer
Hello Bob!!!
I love you & Ritchie!!!

I hope you & family are great!!'

I love the movie La Bamba!!! Awesome movie!!!
May I please ask ask for your autograph? God bless!!
🌹❤️ Love, Brandy Gilmer!!
. Love this movie. Hope you're doing well!

Is there any pictures of her my cousin is Michelle Morales your granddaughter.

Bob, Hope you are doing well.....was just wondering, was your mom able to watch the movie "LaBamba" before she passed away, or did she know they were making that movie? I am glad you were able to find your way...

Hi Bob

I just wanted to mention that the Movie really throws you back in them days, cause I was born in 1960, and I knew all Ritchie's songs even way before the movie came out. My Pop's was a guitar player too! when I saw the Movie, then I realized how short his career really was. that was really sad! I believe your family has shared a lot of memories with the public. I believe a little feedback is appropriate. God Bless you and your family, may Ritchies memories and music live forever Bob.

Hi Bob do you sign autographs thanks