Return to Website

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website

Welcome To The Official Ritchie Valens Forum. Please Feel Free To Post, But Just A Reminder To All. We Are An All Ages Website And So The Forum And Website Entries Are Monitored. Thank You And Enjoy The Forum And Website.

ritchievalenswebmaster

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ritchie Valens Girlfriend

I was wondering if Ritchie was dating anyone at the time of his death. If so, does anyone in the family keep in contact with her? Who was Donna? Thank you

Re: Ritchie Valens Girlfriend

Ritchie as far as i know was dating a girl named Diane Olsen whom he met while on tour.. It may have been during the Alan freed show. Little is known about her so, it was most likely a fling. There is a pic that exist of them together. She was a cute little brunnet. Info is from "Ritchie Valens: the first latino rock star" by Beverly Mendheim. A far more accurate potrayel than the movie.

He wasent dating Donna.....

Hello,

Diane Olson that you mention from what info I have seen they were friends, as for accuracy the book you mention is not that accurate.
"Ritchie Valens: the first latino rock star" by Beverly Mendheim". This book and author are the least favorite among any book done on Ritchie Valens. The movie had some things that simply were done for entertainment, but all in all in was pretty accurate. The author of the book and book itself has holes, but this is not a debate, however I do NOT recommend it for any accuracy on Ritchie Valens. Bob is the accurate source on his brother.

Thanks for visiting!!
All the best!1
RitchieValensWebmaster

Does Bob have any plans to write a book? Does anyone know of any other great resources for information Ritchie other than the following books:

The Day the Music Died by Larry Lehmier
The Oracle of Del-fi by Bob Keene
The First Latino Rocker