Return to Website

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website

Welcome To The Official Ritchie Valens Forum. Please Feel Free To Post, But Just A Reminder To All. We Are An All Ages Website And So The Forum And Website Entries Are Monitored. Thank You And Enjoy The Forum And Website.

ritchievalenswebmaster

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks Bob!

I just wanted you to know I came across your site tonight and it is really amazing. It is nice that you are helping people remember your brother in this way. (Yeah for you!) I saw the movie La Bamba in 1987 when I was 11 years old...I was really into music and loved the "oldies" (they were to me because I was so young) and Ritchie sang a few of my favorites so my father told me it was a movie about a musician who's music I liked. I did not know how the end would play out and I cried at the end then and here 20 years later I am almost 31 years old and I still cry every time I watch it. I have actually lived in Iowa my whole life and have never had the chance to go to Clear Lake but I would like to this summer to pay my respects to someone whom in my opinion was one of the greatest musicians ever! Anyways maybe you don't even read these but if you do I hope you know what an impact your brother had on millions of people...and not just those of his generation, but several of us that love his music and who were not yet even twinkles in our parents eyes God bless you and your family Mr. Morales.
~Trisha in Iowa