Return to Website

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website

Welcome To The Official Ritchie Valens Forum. Please Feel Free To Post, But Just A Reminder To All. We Are An All Ages Website And So The Forum And Website Entries Are Monitored. Thank You And Enjoy The Forum And Website.

ritchievalenswebmaster

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
el monte legion hall

bob when ritchie performed at el monte legion hall in el monte cali,what are the cross streets i know its a dumb question thanks you for this wonderful site you have put together.

Re: el monte legion hall

hello, benjanmin i dont really recall but i think the cross were valley & garvey i remember seen him on american bandstand and also at santa monica california he was a sweet and a wonderful kid i am now 75 i most those days.

hello stuart i remember when ritchie was on american bandstand i was there also watching him perform that day his was performing come onlet's go do you remember when his guitar string broke but he kept playing what a great kid i still have his signature on my 45rpm record we love you ritchie what a performance.

i remember that day he performed great that day i got him to sign my 45rpm record of come on lets go he was sweet boy i will never forget him thanks for your performance ritchie i cant wait to see you again.

Wow, it is nice to hear people who had a personal experience with Ritchie (I mean besides Bob). We (younger)fans would love to hear more on this site from fans who were around when Ritchie was. We miss Hearing from you Bob, Joanie, and Steve, Hope all is well with you.

thanks Sharon Thornton you would have love to be there in those days the music and the musicians who played the music especially ritchie valens he was a distinctive artist once he played on stage WOW! speechless thank you for the comment..

Hi Everyone,

It's nice to know that people who have seen Ritchie in concert post their experience on it. It helps others listen to the magic he had and feel even more part of history. Just wondering, does anyone have any pictures of the event that they would like to share with the community and if so, write to me directly and I will make sure that you credited on this website for the picture(s). Any and all pictures are greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Steve
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi Everyone,

It's nice to know that people who have seen Ritchie in concert post their experience on it. It helps others listen to the magic he had and feel even more part of history. Just wondering, does anyone have any pictures of the event that they would like to share with the community and if so, write to me directly and I will make sure that you are credited on this website for the picture(s). Any and all pictures are greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Steve
RitchieValensWebmaster

About 3 months ago, a woman posted a picture of Ritchie at a Red Robinson concert in Canada. I can't speak for her but I'm sure she wouldn't mind posting the pic.

In addition, new photos of Ritchie have appeared from the Winter Dance Party tour:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=566508

Hello, Hope everyone is doing well. This is my first time in this site I really don't know how I found it but being in the Mortgage industry and it being so slow right now because of the Holidays, I have had time to surf the Net. I love to read biographies of people I remember hearing about as a child and Richie Valenzuela was one of them. I remeber my familia and I going to the movies to watch it. It was a good movie,very sad and kept me wondering how the family was doing now these days. I've had some of my questions answered just by reading some of the emails that are posted. Bob, Jonie and Steve wishing you all the very best and I think it is wonderful that you all keep Ritchie's memory going strong. My daughter is 11 yrs old and saw the movie last night and she cried. She also has read up on some of the biographies out there. Great Job and hope to keep visiting this website.
Much Love,
Rita

4542 peck Rd. El monte, ca. El monte legion hall

It was on Valley Blvd. and Ramona Blvd. The El Monte post office was built on the Legion Hall site. some of the smaller out buildings were kept and used by the school district they are on Cypress ave. parallel to Valley Blvd.