Return to Website

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website

Welcome To The Official Ritchie Valens Forum. Please Feel Free To Post, But Just A Reminder To All. We Are An All Ages Website And So The Forum And Website Entries Are Monitored. Thank You And Enjoy The Forum And Website.

ritchievalenswebmaster

LaBamba Bobs' Official Ritchie Valens Website
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welcome To The Official Website Of Ritchie Valens

Hello Everyone,

Just a few words from myself to you, this official website is endorsed and made official by Ritchie's brother Bob & his wife Joanie. Without their consent this would not be possible, so a big thank you all around. Also the one thing that I can certainly promise you is that we will never close and always have new things on the website. Ritchie Valens was and is a huge part of my life and I am very excited to be part of this as well.
I guess you are asking yourselves will Bob answer you on this website and the answer is yes. Nothing will change from his stand point, unless he says otherwise.

Great things are to come still on the website, so remember to bookmark the website and return often. Any questions can be also be emailed and will be forwarded to Bob as well, or webmaster questions please state in header when sending via this email printed below.

ritchievalenswebmaster@yahoo.com

Well, all the best to you and see you on the website!

Sincerely,
RitchieValensWebmaster

Re: Welcome To The Official Website Of Ritchie Valens

Hello Again,

The forums are also for asking Bob questions directly, but anything to do with webmaster, sites or anything in that nature we ask that you write to us directly, we ask this because sometimes links or addresses to other websites may not be appropriate for monirs and we want all ages to feel secure when coming to this website.

LaBambaBob loves hearing from you and does answer questions, but you must be patient and he does get to them when he has the time.

This forum is a place for all fans of Ritchie Valens & LaBambaBob to enjoy, and ask away.

Also there will be new things coming up in the future and visiting the site you will eventually see them. There is no date yet set for the Ritchie Valens Digest, but certainly when it is ready to go, it will be posted via the link for digest in the Ritchie Valens Directory (main page).

We are always looking for articles and pictures of Ritchie Valens and LaBambaBob. Should you have any and want to share with the world simply write to us via our email address.

Sometime in the future there will be a gallery for articles and the such from past and today. Also the 'Official LaBambaBob Website' will be open in the future and please bookmark it in your favorites along with this website as they are both worth to return. Also a big thank you to Bob Morales and his wife Joanie, without them this site and Bob's official site would not be. Thank you.

Well, I thank you the fans and remember to have fun as this site and LaBambaBob's grows in time. Anything and everything that you wanted to know about Ritchie Valens and Bob Morales will be on their respective websites to make them the ultimate fan stop.

Thank you!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hello Fans,

You may have seen a new name change, but we are the same site. The new title fits more of what this website is all about and that's Bob Morales sharing his brother with you. I must thank you for your support in all the great feedback we are receiving concerning this website all is appreciated.

In the near future a bootleg section will be featured and updated when new ones are found. The site is growing very fast and it will be your one stop shop on Ritchie. Anything and everything that you ever wanted to know will be here.

The games room will be coming out soon along with the screensaver. If a section has a new item listed, you will find a flashing sign that says 'NEW'. This indicates that something was changed or added to this section otherwise no flashing sign will be posted.

Again have fun with the forum, ask questions or things about Ritchie, but please no adult content as this website is for all ages and such advertising will be removed immediately.

Thank you and enjoy the website, forum and everything else!!

Hello Fans,

Just a reminder that you can still sign the birthday greeting to Bob. I would like to thank all fans for the positive feedback that we are receiving, it is wonderful to hear. This website would not have happened if it wasn't for Bob and Joanie, so big thank you to them.

Also this is a great place to talk with other fans of Ritchie Valens and Bob Morales.

A date will be announced with the GRAND OPENING of LaBamba Bobs' Official Website soon to come.

Thanks to all fans!!
All The Best To You!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hello Everyone,

The games room for Ritchie will be opening very soon, sometime this week. A couple of questions have come up regarding the collectables and yes, they are limited editions.

Also a question came through by email about Ritchie recording a Mario Lanza and Rick Nelson songs.

Ritchie Valens as far as I know, he has not recorded any Mario Lanza or Ricky Nelson songs. No such recordings exist, unfortunately. Ritchie for the most part stuck to his own recordings and did some from others, such as Eddie Cochran 'Summertime Blues'.

For the most part there are some outtakes still unreleased at this time. Also a rumor by many has Ritchie doing a 12 minute version of 'Ooh My Head', but no one can confirm or show of proof that it was done, considering the time frame it was very unlikely.

As to this day that version of 12 minutes has yet to surface or be released. The Pacoima live recording, well there are some outtakes still not released from that performance as well. There are no plans on releasing the full unedited version at this time and likely never.

I thank you all the fans for writing and please keep on coming to the forum and website.

Rock with Ritchie all the way!!!

All the best!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

I LOVE the site and visit it several times a week. I do have a suggestion though: How about adding some Ritchie Valens Wallpapers for computers. I downloaded one from a Yahoo Group several days ago but so far that is the only one I have found. Would love to have more. Screensavers would be nice too; which I know those are coming soon!

Take care & keep up the good work!

Hello,

The wallpapers are coming in the very near future along with a screensaver as well. So many things are heading towards the website sometimes it can be overwhelming, but no matter what we get the job done!

The games section just opened up and along in that section is a coloring page for kids, so everyone has fun with Ritchie!!! Kids have no fear, your section will be added soon and it will be announced on the forums as well.

The digest is still in the works and if you have not signed up for it, head there soon. Our subscriptions will be full soon and a waiting list will be in active soon, don't be the one waiting for more room to be made. Once the issue is set for release you will be notified via the forum when it will be released with more details for you to read the issue.

We love the fans and always aiming to please, so stick around we are growing and will be the ultimate stop on Ritchie anywhere!!!

All The Best!!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hello Everyone,

First things first, I have noticed that the forums have dropped a little in usage. Remember this is a great way to talk with other fans and of course Bob Morales.

The doorhanger is a big success for us and the final one for June 2005 is coming up. I have no new date on when a second edition will be out. Questions have come forward about re-releasing the others. At this time they will not be released, but may in the future.

Questions have also come across on how long the limited editions last and all limited editions of which include our bookmarks, doorhangers and calender are limited in set days.

Remember to visit our store for the limited edition collectables as the ones present are heading into deletion soon. These collectables are a great way to celebrate the upcoming event for Ritchies' birthday on May 13, so hurry time is limited!!!

Some limited editions are set with an amount of staying time, while others are not noted. Rest assured when they are noted a limited edition, they are limited editions and time is present on them for release.

There is no date set for the digest as it is in the works as this memo is released. I am hoping to have it complete soon as possible.

A couple of emails have come my way concerning advertising their adult sites with us. The answer will always be no, due to may reasons. One it has nothing to do with Ritchie Valens, minors view this website, Bob Morales, Joanie Morales or I would not allow it. There are many other places to advertise this type of thing and our family friendly site is not one of them.

More things are coming and stick with us as we grow to be the ultimate stop on Ritchie.

All the best!!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hello Fans,

I am a bit behind on the new bookmarks, calender and other things. The new items will be on by June 2, 2005 the latest, it should happen before. Sorry for the delay.

Also a memo to all fans of Ritchie Valens, if you have pictures, articles of the past, please email them to me so we can have them in our archives. There are plenty to still put out, but you may have something that I do not and would like to have on site for other fans to read, look and enjoy.

Bobs' site will be around soon, a bit of a delay. As soon as I have a date it will be posted.

I have not forgotten about the digest and it is in the works and will also have an announcement once it is ready to go.

Also with the forums if you see that your question is very similar to another one asked, you can post it with a previous one. Once a question or response is posted under a heading it always comes up as new, so no worries you won't be missed. This way it saves space and other fans are not seeing the same question asked many times with a different heading.

This way all of our answers can be found under the heading that was originally asked. Just an idea that I thought I would share with all.

Several questions have come up regarding this website and if it is for sale. The answer is no, not for sale. It is endorsed by Bob Morales, Joanie Morales and Myself (Steve). Therefore it is not for sale at this time or anytime.

However if you wish to advertise your website with us, please email our address for information. Not every website is considered and must be approved for all ages to view. If your site follows under this guideline, please email direct for more info.

A couple of questions have come up on Ritchies' recordings and if all of them are still in print and the answer is no. They are all deleted from catalogs, however in saying that there are smaller labels that have simply put out a collection of songs of Ritchie. But the main ones, such as his first and second along with the live from Pacoima are no longer in print. Warner Brothers have no interest in putting anything out at this time or at least that's what they say, things change all the time in the music business, so who knows.

Walmart has a compilation of Ritchies' music on cd and I believe the pressing is from Germany or Australia. Either way, it is available and you can purchase from this link below. They are still in stock as of this memo to you, hurry supplies I am told are limited!!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2606688

Well, when more info is available I will post to you. Also Bobs' site is slightly delayed, but will be available in the future.

Thanks for reading and stopping by!!!
All the best!!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi Everyone,

Just abrief note about the forums, there are many topics/headings in the forum. If you see that you want to ask about a book on Ritchie or it's similar to the topic, please use heading/topic already in place. I have had fan mail complaining about seeing the same heading and would like to see all the same headings go to one. To be honest this would save space and loading time, especially with dial up fans.

I mean there really isn't any need to put another heading to ask about the games page, when the games page has a heading and space for it. The same would apply for all topics. I have moved some of the questions that are directed to Bob in his name, this way it is easier to find. I want all fans to be happy and this will help all I think, hopefully!! :)

It certainly does not stop you from posting and if you see that you cannot find a heading that is suited for your question, then please create a topic. But I am pretty sure that you will find a topic similar to what you may be asking.

With so many things that has happened lately and this past month, a delay is somewhat with Bobs' site. However I am looking to have a grand opening soon.

The doorhangers will be coming back soon, not sure exactly when, but soon. Many letters have come in regarding it and it seems to be a hit with the younger generation. So this is excellent for series 2.
Also questions have come forward about series 1 (doorhangers) and if they will return and I must say at this time they are in the archives and may return someday, but at this time the answer would be no.

I get the odd letter concerning advertising about adult or related sites to it, the answer is no. This website is family oriented and no adult sites are allowed for any reason. We are also not responsible for content relating to any other website that is not our own. So the links provided are researched well, but may have content that may not be suitable for younger fans. Like all internet action, when visiting other sites you must proceed with caution.

I do however try and monitor the sites that are linked to us and have monitors who also help. So if anything comes up that I,Bob or Joanie feel that is not in our best interest to link to, it will be removed.

The same goes for posting in the forums, we ask that all who post remember that younger fans do visit. So please watch for what the language is used. It is also monitored for that type of thing. In all everyone has been great and with so many praises for this website, I thank you and so has Bob and Joanie very often.

Jason has asked recently about the recordings of 'The Winter Dance Party' and I must say so far no luck. I am looking into it as usual and have friends who are always helping in finding things, but so far no luck. If they do exist, hopefully someone will present them to us and share with you the fans and that would be awesome!!!

The promo digest is in the works and a date will be presented on the website as soon as it is completed.

Several fans have asked if I am looking for articles and stuff and the answer is always. If you have any pictures, articles or anything that you would like to share regarding Ritchie Valens, please email me direct.

Well this is it for now, but our website is growing and stronger by the day and we will continue to grow and be the ultimate website on Ritchie Valens. I thank you the fans for all the things you do and please share with others and bring new ones to our site as the magic of Ritchie continues to grow.

I want to thank all who wrote for my past loss and you are all wonderful.

Take Care!!
All the best!!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi Everyone,

As you may or may not have noticed that past entries of our forum have disappeared. They have because of new entries, but the old ones have been saved and will be displayed in a new link section very soon for all past and new fans to visit and read.

Myself have been busy and have not had the chance to answer much of the email or forum entries, but will get to them soon.

We will be making an announcement date regarding Bobs' site soon as well. Also remember to visit our links page and support our friends who are part of the link exchange with us. Support from them and us to them is good way to thank all involved so far.

If you would like to be part of the link exchange, please send your url to our email address. Remember not all websites are approved and the ones displayed have passed our friendly family status. However we do not run the other websites or their contents and it's your own responsibility regarding entry and viewing with minors. I do the best that I can to monitor the links, however not everything is perfect and do the best that can be done.

More news will be added when more is available. The digest is still in the works and a date will also be announced when it is ready to be launched. If you have not signed up, do so because once our quota is filled a wait list will be created for new entries.

All the best!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi Steve

Like your good self ,ritchie is a big part of my life,and i enjoy his music,i only wished i had seen him,

jason

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit behind with updates, but will have more things on the website very soon. I must thank all fans for the great feedback on the website, all is appreciated.

I must ask concerning the forum to try and keep all questions regarding whatever you may ask under one heading if possible. This way all questions and answers are kept together and not lost in the shuffle when I grab them for the archives that will be present on the website soon.

Bobs' site will be arriving soon, a date will be announced via the website when it will be done for release.

Well I will sign off for now, but thanks for helping keep Ritchies' memory alive and the music rocks on!!

All the best!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi Fans,

Here is just a brief note to concerning the website, the digest will be released sometime in November 2005 for the Christmas rush!

The second wallpaper will be released in October 2005.

I have had some letters concerning posting, so I will ask again, sorry. But if you post and the heading is already available, please use existing one. Example Labamba movie, if you have a question about anything to do with this title simply use the existing header. This way all questions and answers concerning this topic are all together and easier to find when searching for answers. It also helps me grab the headers and answers for a future link on the website, makes my job a little easier!

The participation on the forums is great and very happy to see that fans are active on this one.

Bobs'site will have a launch date soon, as many things are in the works.

Also I am asking also for fans to also visit the participating links on our website as they are part of the link exchange with us.

The donations are coming in and started out strong, but of late has dropped somewhat, so please if you have not given, please do. Any amount will help those who have been affected by this recent disaster Katrina.

Thank you!
All the best!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi Fans,

As you well know by now the second wallpaper has been released, I was a bit ahead of time and decided to do a early release!

Just a reminder that creations made by RitchieValensWebmaster is NOT to be used on any other websites or anything unless written permission by me. All creations on this website are made for the fans to enjoy and NOT for other websites to take and do what they please. Another website or page and or person(s)has tried and take credit for my creations of hard work and therefore will NOT give any written permission to use them to ANYONE. This site is for fans to enjoy and visit the new creations and have fun. It is in no way for profit in any way. My wallpaper design and other designs are created by me.

I know that sometimes you may like a creation and feel that you can place it on a website, but ask me first. Depending on what it is, I hardly ever say no, but of course it would also depend on who you are as well and what your site offers. We like the trading of links because this way we all benefit from new fans that perhaps do not know Ritchie, so it goes both ways for them as well.

A recent letter asked me if all sites are accepted and my answer is NO. Depending on what your site has in content, we want to keep our links exchange family safe if possible. This way all can enjoy, I have noticed on other sites that sometimes dating things are added or some sort of adult site is there. I WILL NOT grant any exchange with adult themes in any way.

O.k, with that said, I would like to say that the digest will be released sometime in November, so it is on track for the first issue. The door hanger series 2 is coming soon and I will post when a date is available. I am still not sure when I would like to release it.

If you have a website and want to exchange with us, please write and it will be considered. Remember not all sites are considered for the exchange.

I also want to thank Greg from Diamond Entertainment who is a big fan of Ritchie and ours for his comments and always friendly to help with anything I ask. Also want to thank Vince Neil for his kind words about the website, The Crue rocks on!

The fans here are so great and the fact that you all respect the website and give us positive feedback is all greatly appreciated.

I am working very hard to bring you the best info possible and with Bob and Joanies' help it is becoming the ultimate site.

We are rated with many people the number 1 source and that is an accomplishment that I am proud of. With no sites in the past up and running, this was a hard thing to do, but all worth it in the end. We will NEVER close and always be adding things to the website for fans to enjoy.

We this is it for now, but will keep you posted on any new things that come up. Keep visiting our website and talk with each and everyone of you soon!!

All the best!!
RitchieValensWebmaster!

Hi Fans,

As you all are awre of now Joanie Morales has had heart surgery. I will post more details on how she is doing in the next few days. Keep the letters coming as all are appreciated.

I must ask that if you are going to post a link to another website, please email our email address first. Some of the sites that have found their way here do not support us in any way and therefore I will not post. Some of the readers ask about adding new sites to the weblinks page and yes if you have a website that you would like for us to consider in posting, please email us for the review. Not all sites are considered during our evaluation of them.

Links posted on the forum have to be monitored due to young viewers who come here. I want to make sure our site is protected from adult content and other things that are not suitable for younger ages. Some of the other sites mentioned before on the forum and removed have adult situation on either website or forum or whatever it may be.

Please remember that we do have many young readers and we must also note that links posted on the forum may not be appropriate for them to see. That is why I am asking for you to send the link that you want to post via our email. This way it may make our links page and forum entry.

More things are coming on the website and yes Bob's site will be making his big day soon. The wait will be over.

Thank you fans and see you soon on the website!!!

RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit behind on updates for the website, the bookmarks and other things will be updated soon. Also coming out and many have asked is Bobs' own site. So many things are coming and thank you for being patient with us.

Our fan base is growing everyday and the word spreads like wild fire, so please let others know about us and keep writing. We love to hear from you, sometimes it may take some time to answer, but always do.

There will be new things added to the website and so keep coming back for exciting features.

Well this is all for now, but stay tuned because we only grow from here!!!

Now head back to the forum and website!!

'Come On Lets' Go!!!'

All the best!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi Everyone,

Wow it has been awhile since I last posted something here and updated the website. I am behind on things but will have new additions added starting the month of February 2007 and so forth. Also want to say thatnk you to all the fans who continue to visit our website and make us the best on Ritchie Valens anywhere. Your compliments are greatly appreciated!!! :)
With so many things that have gone on for a bit, the updates have not been done and I must say sorry to Bob, Joanie and you the fans. I promise you this year will have many updates and will continue to have some for a long time!!

Thank you for stopping by and remember to drop us a line and we will do our best to response a.s.a.p!!
Sincerely,
Steve
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi everyone,

We are moving to our new server with a larger memory and speed connection. Also helps when adding new things to the website. If the website does go offline for a day or two it's because of the website transfer and nothing else, no fears!! We will never close and yes finally add new things, sorry for the delay.

See you all at the website!!
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hi everyone,

We are having some server issues and it will be fixed very soon. Our techs are working on it and no the site is not closing!! Please stay with us and more things are heading this way!!

Sorry for the down time, but all will be back online soon.
Sincerely,
Steve

Hello everyone,

We have new updates and things on the website, so please visit and check it out. I am sorry for the delay, but getting back on track.

Enjoy,
RitchieValensWebmaster

Hello Everyone,

Just a brief note to let fans know that Bob Keane founder of Ritchie Valens and his music pased away, he was 87.

"Del-Fi Records Founder Bob Keane Dies

American music producer and Del-Fi Records founder BOB KEANE has died of renal failure
. He was 87.

Keane, who discovered late rocker Ritchie Valens, passed away on Saturday (28Nov09) at an assisted-living home in Hollywood.

He was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 2002.

Keane founded independent label Del-Fi in the 1950s. In 1958, he discovered Valens, then 17, and helped the singer rise to the top of U.S. music charts with hits including La Bamba, Donna and Come On, Let's Go.

Valens was killed in the 1958 plane crash that also claimed the lives of Buddy Holly and J.P. 'the Big Bopper' Richardson.

Keane is survived by his son, Tom.

Hello Fans,

First I must apologise to all for not updating website. I have new things being done and will be posted in 2013. This website was built on love and will be given that on this update and forever be updated. Sometimes in our lives we simply let things slide and say I will get to them, but never do. This is not an excuse.I have many things coming so stick around.

All the best
RitchieValensWebmaster