THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GOOD LUCK TREV

Thanks Stuart

I was actually talking about you this morning to terry. I was claiming credit for turning you into a Rovers legend with my tactical skills.

Laurence knows the stats for the number of games in charge etc. but I enjoyed many great results over the years including this morning's 4-1 win.

Thanks to all my players past and present.

Good luck Trev, it was only a few season's i played for you but it was a joy to have you as a manager, thank you mate, take care.

Trevor Hughes
Laurence knows the stats for the number of games in charge etc.
Hmmm. Could be a tricky one that...as I don't have a record of how many times you buggered off to Las Vegas in the middle of a season, leaving a Caretaker (invariably Stuart or Terry) in charge.

Anyway, just to let everyone know that I will be doing a new Chairman's Blog as soon as I can which will summarise Trevor's Rovers management career over the last 23 ? seasons.
I know one of his predecessors Dave Ashton is still the only Rovers Manager ever to win a trophy for us at the 11-a-side game *, but that was in a ridiculously easy division in the now-defunct Haringey League and what Trevor achieved in getting us up the divisions in the Waltham Sunday League to a third-placed finish in the Premier Division was a far greater achievement in my opinion.

* When we won two trophies in the 1979/1980 Season, we didn't actually have a Manager ! We had the same 11 or 12 players turn up every week (to play 4-4-2) and the Management Committee at the time (which included the team Captain) just sorted things out between themselves.