THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 13th April (Home to The Sheaf)

This coming Sunday (13th April) sees us playing our last game at Hazelwood this season as we take on League leaders The Sheaf.
Full details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Terry Moore is unavailable and we are not sure about Tom Simmons yet, but the rest of the squad will be as follows:
Mal Saphiris (GK)
Grant Baker (GK)
Lexton Harrison
Alan Barnard
George Stahlmann
Krishan Singh
Tem Adil
Garry Cover
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Ryan Foreman
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
John Scouller

The current Division One Table and the Fixtures for this Sunday are here: http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/leaguetables.html
I have been told that only the bottom team will be relegated because the League is going down to three divisions next season. Even if we lose this match though, we could still finish above Upshire Reserves if we beat them in our last match. However, they have five other matches left, including two against Broxbourne Athletic, so it will be highly unlikely they will lose them all.
I think it will be fair to say that if we do lose this match, then we will definitely finish bottom and be in Division Two (the bottom division) next season.

As for The Sheaf, if they win this match and Continental lose or draw with US Acli, then The Sheaf will win the Division One title with a game to spare.
(At the time of writing this, the League Table has not been updated yet with a walk-over win for them following a non-fulfilment by Upshire Reserves, although it might have been done by the time you read this).
As Continental beat US Acli 5-0 in their last match though, it looks more likely that The Sheaf will win the title in their last game rather than against us.

Re: Squad for Sunday 13th April (Home to The Sheaf)

Tom Simmons has just told me he is unavailable for this match, so with him and Terry both missing, a midfielder or forward will now have to play in defence, probably at left-back.

Grant Baker has also been in touch to apologise for being absent for our last two matches. That was due to a family bereavement. Hopefully he will be available for this match as I think either him or Mal are probably going to be needed as an outfield player. I noticed that Mal got injured in our last match and couldn't take goal-kicks afterwards, so if he is not playing this Sunday, we need to know asap before Grant decides to do something else.

The other one in the squad I am not sure about is Ryan, as I think he told Trevor during the match that he would not be coming along again to be an unused sub...which is understandable.

For us to have a squad of 14 for this match then, Trevor is either going to have to phone a few people and guarantee them a game or we just hope more than eleven turn up on the day.

Re: Squad for Sunday 13th April (Home to The Sheaf)

Just a warning that Mal does not have a car for this match and cannot get there unless somebody gives him a lift. Lexton and Cascoe both live near him but they are not answering their phones/replying to texts.

If Grant is not coming and Lexton or Cascoe do not get in touch with Mal to arrange to pick him up, then we will have no goalkeeper.

The only players who have confirmed on Teamer that they are playing tomorrow are Tem, Leon and Barney.
I haven't got a clue who else is going to turn up out of the squad listed above.